Skunks are the interesting and smelly animals that nobody wants around. In case you’ve ever been curious to learn more, but need to do it from a distance, here are some skunk facts for you to enjoy.
* They’re nocturnal.
To just over 6 pounds.
* Skunks have been proven to be carriers of rabies. This will happen if they’re bitten by or eat an animal that’s affected.
* Skunk spray doesn’t carry rabies.
* Musk is just another name for the spray.
* A skunk can give warning signals before it sprays.
* Many females may share a land, but usually only 1 male with live in a place.
* Skunks don’t have very good vision. Therefore, if you encounter one, be silent and walk away.
They are non-confrontational for the most part. They usually spray defense to a perceived threat.
* Males don’t help to raise their young.
They live in dens, under buildings and other areas they feel protected in.
* Skunks aren’t all bad, they prefer to eat the backyard bugs and slugs that damage your plants.
These are simply a few of the very fundamental skunk facts. They are extremely interesting creatures and fun to find out about!